Prohibitions against Disclosure Essay Assignment Paper
Prohibitions against Disclosure Essay Assignment Paper
Research Topic and Paper Outline:
TOPIC: A list of possible approved topics may be found in the course documents area, under Week One. You should inform your instructor about the topic you have chosen during Week 3.
ALTERNATIVE TOPICS: If you want to choose a topic that is not listed as already approved, contact the instructor giving a rationale for your choice of another area and asking for approval – Do this by the end of Week 3.
Potential Topics for Paper Remember any topic not on the list requires approval from the instructor by the end of Week Three. See the syllabus for specific instructions on the paper. Remember that each of the issues below is to be examined from the point of view of ethics and the professional practice of psychology
Who is the Client?
Failure to Warn/Protect
Liability In General
Chronic Health Problems/Operating in the behavioral medicine arena
Prohibitions against Disclosure
Authorized and Mandated Disclosure
Fraudulent Billing Practices
Ethical issues with HIV+ clients and other infectious diseases controlled by health department guidelines
Psychologists and medication (consultation and prescription)
Ethical issues in Supervision
Ethical issues in the care and conduct of research with animals
OUTLINE: By Day 7 of Week Five, submit a one to four page, comprehensive outline, double-spaced, addressing ethical issues related to your chosen topic. It should reflect the major points or sources that you expect to use in the final work. See the outline rubric for guidance, under the rubric section below.
Prohibitions against Disclosure
Your research paper is due by Day 7 of Week 9. IThe paper should be 8-12 pages in length (of text) and should address ethical issues germane to your chosen topic. It should be a scholarly document with appropriate citations and references per APA style (The paper must follow APA Publication Manual guidelines). You must support statements made in your research with references. Adequate documentation of your sources is mandatory. See the rubric for scoring criteria. The research paper should contain all aspects requested by the rubric for full points.
Outline for Paper due by Day Seven. SEE SYLLABUS FOR DETAILS
Due this week: Outline for paper- Day Seven
Submit the Week 5 Paper outline for your final paper.
By the end of Week Five, submit a 2-4 page outline of your topic. It should reflect the major points or sources that you expect to use in the final work.
Here is the grading rubric for your convenience:
Outline Scoring Rubric 20 points possible.
Content (15 pts Total)
1. Superior (15 Points): Includes all components of the assignment as specified in the syllabus, and is a submission of an approved topic. Literature cited is relevant to the core aspects of the assignment, and is listed within the outline under the relevant headings in which the information will be covered. Language is clear and concise, and easy to understand. The outline is well-organized and structured, giving the reader a clear guideline or map of the future paper. Reflects major points or sources. Uses terminology appropriately and is well organized. Follows APA format. Meets specifications for length, font size and margins. The material shows a thoughtful and sophisticated evidence of topic research and understanding.Prohibitions against Disclosure
2. Average (11 Points). Includes all components of the assignments as specified in the syllabus, and is a submission of an approved topic. The outline is not comprehensive, but sufficient enough to introduce the topic of interest with a general idea of the paper’s future structure and organization. There is minimal use of literature as supporting documentation. It is adequately written but may use some terms incorrectly. There are only minor errors in APA format. It meets specifications for length, font size, and margins. References are listed, but do not help shape the future format of the paper.
3. Below Average (8 Points). Includes some aspects of the assignment but may be missing a few elements. The outline is in skeleton form and is not comprehensive enough for the reader to follow, or to provide feedback regarding the future paper. There is minimal note of background literature, and/or it is poorly written with frequent incorrect use of terms.
II. References/Sources (5 pts. Total): Mentions Current Rules or references Standards
(APA, Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards, State licensing board)
Read Fisher; Chapter 6 Standards on Human Relations pp 113-169.
Bersoff; Chapter 5; Multiple Relationships; pp 215-270.
The establishment and maintenance of proper boundaries between psychologists and their clients have received much attention by the field. While all theoretical perspectives address professional boundary issues, the contributions of psychoanalysis and other psychodynamic schools of therapy highlight how important an awareness of transference and countertransference reactions are in professional relationships. Psychologists need to recognize that adverse emotional reactions can occur in their professional relationships due to a variety of psychodynamic factors. Thus, maintaining professional boundaries is a way of minimizing or avoiding the repercussions that can occur when adverse emotional reactions (i.e., transference) arise.
The power and influence held by the psychologist in relation to people who are clients, trainees, etc., underscores the importance of setting and maintaining clear boundaries. The potential for inappropriately influencing “subordinates” is high, as is the possibility of adverse reactions leading to ethical complaints. The goals of serving the client’s best interests and avoiding conflict and harm are predominant in observing professional boundaries.
The challenges of multiple role management are especially keen for psychologists working in small communities or with special sub-groups within a community. Because of overlapping social networks and “everybody knowing everybody else” in such contexts, the psychologist may find himself or herself in multiple roles such as that of “ordinary” citizen, professional psychologist, parent, and so forth. The ethics code makes it clear that we are not to avoid such multiple roles at all costs, but instead, to manage them in a way that we and others are aware of the “awkward” moments that we may face as we interact in these multiple roles.Prohibitions against Disclosure
The psychologist must be careful to avoid and/or actively manage a variety of potential role conflicts involving clients, colleagues, students, supervisees, etc. This session covers material that heightens awareness of various multiple role conflicts.
2. Examine the issues involved in providing professional services to close friends, relatives, and employees.
3. Discuss pertinent ethical concerns regarding socializing with clients, students, and others.
4. Analyze the intricacies of accepting and/or giving gifts to and from clients and others.
- For or against the role of nursing unions in improving patient care Essay Assignment Paper
- Argument against providing euthanasia Essay Assignment Paper
- Arguments Against Weightlifting in Prison Essay Assignment Paper
- Deliver and report against a key deliverable which was extremely difficult to achieve Essay Assignment Paper
- Create an argument for or against governments role in EMR standards Essay Assignment Paper
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when Best Nursing Writers got you covered. Our Best Nursing Writers writing service has your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional Best Nursing Writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Hire our team of the best nursing essay writers if you need affordable help with your college term papers, capstone project for your MSN or DNP degree, or any other type of nursing-related assignment.
Our Best Nursing Writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
Affordable nursing papers writing service online
Let our Professional Nursing Essay Writers be there for you. Our Best Nursing Writers writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.