Organizational constraints that might impact the workflow redesign Essay Assignment Paper
organizational constraints that might impact the workflow redesign and explain their impact Essay Assignment Paper
Best nursing paper on Organizational constraints that might impact the workflow redesign Essay Assignment Paper from Best Nursing Writers
After conducting a thorough gap analysis, the next step in the systems development life cycle (SDLC) is to target potential solutions to the gaps. There may be many potential solutions that can help to address workflow issues and inefficiencies, or there may be one seemingly obvious solution that could address almost all of the gaps in the current-state workflow. The challenge lies in selecting the most appropriate course of action from potential solutions that also works within organizational constraints.
In this Discussion, you revisit the scenarios from the Week 3 Discussion. You determine the possible avenues for workflow redesign and consider the constraints and factors that might impact your decision.
Stephanie is a nurse practitioner at Central Care Hospital who is often involved in administering prescribed medications for patients in the general care ward. When a physician sees a patient, he or she uses the hospital’s electronic health record (EHR) to document findings and recommendations for treatment but submits medication and drug orders by faxing prescriptions to the hospital’s pharmacy. Before Stephanie administers the medications from the pharmacy, she must cross-check the medication and dosage with the physician’s notes and patient information in the EHR. In doing so, Stephanie often identifies problems with the medication the physician prescribed; patients are sometimes prescribed a medication to which they have a known allergy or one that conflicts with another medication they are currently taking. In addition, the pharmacy sometimes sends the wrong medication or the wrong dosage. Furthermore, for patients who have been transferred from other parts of the hospital, such as the intensive care unit or the maternity ward, Stephanie often encounters duplicate drug orders or incorrect medications sent from the pharmacy.
General Health Hospital is implementing new outreach programs and preventative care support groups for patients with certain conditions or health risks, such as diabetes, smoking, and obesity. Philip, a nurse leader, is the manager of a team of nurses to organize these programs and groups and to identify patients who would be eligible and interested in being involved in these opportunities. However, Philip and his team have run into a variety of challenges and problems as they attempt to complete these tasks. In identifying patients to contact about the outreach programs and support groups, Philip’s team has had to browse the hospital’s entire electronic health record (EHR). The team has also run across significant holes in the EHR as they try to contact patients; many patients’ contact information is inaccurate or out of date. Furthermore, Philip’s team has partnered with the hospital’s Appointments Desk personnel in sending reminders about meeting dates and times to patients who express interest. However, the Appointments Desk often either neglects to send out these reminders or sends duplicate reminders to only a few patients because the personnel does not have a way of tracking who should be contacted and when.
Robert works in the medical records office at Garden View Hospital. Because the hospital does not have a policy of providing clinical summaries to patients after each visit, Robert frequently receives calls from patients requesting copies of their health information (such as test results, vital statistics, diagnostic information, and medication lists and dosages). For every request, Robert must retrieve the patient information from the hospital’s electronic health record (EHR), print out hard copies of the records, and then either mail the records or wait for the patient to retrieve them in person. Additionally, Robert’s hospital often receives lab test results for patients from certified third-party providers. These results are not automatically transferred from the provider’s EHR to the hospital’s EHR, so Robert often must contact the providers before responding to a patient’s request. Robert also finds that he and his colleagues in the office spend a considerable amount of time printing, mailing, and faxing immunization records to patients’ workplaces, schools, and volunteer organizations, which can be disruptive to the office’s other responsibilities.
Kindly order now for a custom-written, completely unique essay paper that is free of plagiarism! on Organizational constraints that might impact the workflow redesign Essay Assignment Paper from Best Nursing Writers
Nursing research papers that are created specifically for you and formatted according to your requirements. Create a cutting-edge nursing essay that will get you top grades by using one of our incredibly expressive nursing writers. We promise to deliver your nursing papers in the allotted time frame and at the greatest possible standard. Try using one of our well crafted nursing competition papers to set yourself apart from the competition. Excellent service and top-notch nursing papers.
- Using workflow redesign for quality improvement in a hospital setting Essay Assignment Paper
- Course Project Part 3—Workflow Redesign Essay Assignment Paper
- Workflow analysis aims to determine workflow patterns Essay Assignment Paper
- Potential For TOC Theory of Constraints
- Examine the major influences that organizational culture can have on organizational ethical decision making Essay Assignment Paper
- How can managers create an organizational climate that fosters Positive Organizational Behavior? Essay Assignment Paper
- Describe the basic workflow of a health care organization using EHRs Essay Assignment Paper
- Adopting a workflow change Essay Assignment Paper
- Discussion: Workflow Issues Essay Assignment Paper
- Design a flowchart to represent the current workflow Essay Assignment Paper
- NURS 6051 Week 7 Discussion: Understanding Workflow Design
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when Best Nursing Writers got you covered. Our Best Nursing Writers writing service has your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional Best Nursing Writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Hire our team of the best nursing essay writers if you need affordable help with your college term papers, capstone project for your MSN or DNP degree, or any other type of nursing-related assignment.
Our Best Nursing Writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
Affordable nursing papers writing service online
Let our Professional Nursing Essay Writers be there for you. Our Best Nursing Writers writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.