Order Demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as a teacher essay paper help
Demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as a teacher
Demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as a teacher essay assignment
Order and get your assignment on Demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as a teacher done by our best nursing writers
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as a teacher/educator. You are to prepare a guide that will serve as a handout to assist a specific patient population that you identify. Your guide should help them find and evaluate reliable and accurate information on the Internet (websites) related to their disease process or diagnosis.
You will develop the guide using Microsoft PowerPoint. PowerPoint is a versatile application that lets you design slide shows and handouts. For this assignment, you will be using PowerPoint to create a handout, or guide, that you may print and give to patients and families. You will be submitting this PowerPoint file to the Dropbox.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcome(s):
CO #8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO #8)
This assignment is worth a total of 230 points.
The Patient Guide to the WWW PowerPoint file is due at the end of Week 6. Submit your completed assignment to the Patient Guide to the WWW
1. Use Microsoft PowerPoint to create at least four slides, which will be the basis of the handout, or guide. You may include a cover slide and a References slide. You are encouraged to cite your source(s) and include a References slide. However, this is not a requirement for this assignment and neither of these additional slides will be used for grading purposes.
Scenario Slide: This slide should include your name. Next, outline a brief scenario, then identify a patient who is seeking information about a specific disease or health condition. Be sure to include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and the patient/family member’s readiness to learn. Be specific.
Scenario for Mr. Jones
Jane Doe (your name here)
• Mr. Jones is a 54-year-old male recently diagnosed with esophageal cancer.
• His wife has accompanied him to the oncologist’s office.
• Both have a high school education.
• Mr. Jones has no interest in his diagnosis; his father died at an early age from esophageal cancer, and thinks nothing can be done.
• Mrs. Jones is greatly interested in any treatment; she has been searching on the Internet for alternative cures.
• Mrs. Jones has asked the nurse for help on how to determine what a credible website is.
Criteria Slide: This slide should address at least four (4) criteria as discussed during the Wk. 5 TD to judge information (websites) found on the Internet. The task is to explain how to assess the credibility of websites and convey this to the patient and/or care giver described in the Scenario Slide. Concentrate on evaluation of information, not how to search. Assume that the patient or caregiver has basic Internet searching skills, a computer in the home and can enter words in the query box in a search engine such as Google, Bing, Dogpile, or Yahoo. The idea is to teach your patients how to evaluate websites (suspect and credible) as it relates to a specific illness/disease/health condition.
The format of the criteria should be logical and easy to read, e.g., a table, checklist, or Q & A. Be creative! Language should be appropriate for the educational level of the audience, i.e., the patient and/or caregiver as described in the Scenario Slide.
Suspect Site Slide: This slide should give the name and description of a suspect website. The suspect website must be related to the disease or condition identified in the scenario, but the site does not meet the criteria for a credible site, e.g., gives inaccurate information. You must provide a link to a working site. Explain why the site is suspect based on the criteria you outlined.
Credible Site Slide: This slide should give the name and description of a credible website that you would recommend to the patient and/or caregiver/family member. The website must be appropriate for the general public. Avoid sites that are aimed at healthcare professionals.
The credible site must address the disease or condition identified in the scenario. You must provide a link to a working site. Explain why the site is credible based on the criteria you outlined.
2. If you need assistance using PowerPoint, search the tutorials about how to use PowerPoint on the Microsoft Office site.
3. The following are the scholarly writing requirements for this assignment:
a. Your name appears on Scenario Slide or a cover slide.
b. The four slides pertain to.
III. Suspect site
IV. Credible site
c. The links for the suspect and credible sites are working and formatted correctly.
d. Punctuation and sentence structure are correct with no spelling or grammatical errors.
IN ESSAY ON
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account